PSV/HGV Operator Licence Compliance and Management Control Audit
Unlike other transport consultants offering compliance audits IBPTS undertakes a thorough comprehensive audit of your operation with the objective to prepare a detail report to instigate procedures and an action plan for managing a continuity chain in “Roadworthiness and Traffic” for your operators’ licence, which will be approved by the DVSA enforcement teams.
As an Operator it’s extremely important that compliance is maintained in all aspects of your operation. Do not disregard the DVSA enforcement officers or the Traffic Commissioner lightly otherwise you may be the recipient of that dreaded call to a “Public Inquiry” through your negligence in not managing your operator’s licence efficiently.
If called to “Public Inquiry” our “Compliance and Management Control Audit” will demonstrate to
the Traffic Commissioner that you have taken the necessary steps to address the issues for being called to inquiry. If required we can arrange for top “Transport Solicitor” to represent you at inquiry.
Our “Compliance and Management Control Audit” investigate the methodology of how the operating licence is managed focusing on the following.
• Responsibility of the Operator, Transport Manager and associated staff
• Forward Planning of PMI’s, Pre-MOT PMI, MOT, Tachograph Calibration and Road Tax renewal.
• PMI and Tachograph Calibration compliance and record keeping
• PMI exit check record keeping
• Roller Brake testing interval and record keeping
• Driver’s Daily walk round check record keeping
• Defect and Rectification record keeping
• Wheel nut check/torque intervals and record keeping
• Tyre check/condition intervals and record keeping
• Protocol for use of hired vehicles/trailers
• Digital/Analogue Tachograph record keeping
• Frequency of driver card download/Upload
• Frequency of vehicle VDU download/Upload
• Digital Tachograph driver print out record keeping
• Frequency of checking of digital/analogue tachographs for infringements
• Driver infringement protocol (driving hours and WTD)
• Driver discipline procedure
• Driver management and scheduling protocol in compliance to driving regulations and WTD
• Driver CPC card/training check interval and record keeping
• Driver vocational driving licence check, method, frequency and record keeping
• Additional driver training protocol.
• Drivers’ handbook in use
• Scheduling of vehicles and route planning risk assessment
• Vehicle and liabilities insurance management and renewals
• RTC procedure
• Health and Safety policy
• Condition of carriage policy
• Operating centre practice of safe working
• Safe loading of vehicle protocol (HGV)
• Conveyance of Hazardous goods protocol (HGV)
Whilst conducting the audit our consultant will inform the operator of strengths and weaknesses of their operation and discuss a plan of action to maintain compliance. A detailed report will also be produced within 7 days of the audit using a scoring system based on OCRS as follows.
• Red requires immediate attention
• Amber requires attention
• Green Satisfactory
To ensure operators maintain compliance, in addition to the “Compliance and Management Control Audit” we can provide a continuous service to guarantee compliance in “Roadworthiness and Traffic”
| For further information please call Brian on 07835 925892 for an informal discussion or Email Brian@ibpts.co.uk |