External Transport Management For PSV Operators
IBPTS has a database of Standard National & International Road Passenger Transport CPC holders who are UK residents based nationwide who can as act as "Eternal Transport Mangers" for operators operating 1 to 15 vehicles in compliance with regulation (EC) 1071/2009.
All CPC Holders on the IBPTS database have been vetted and approved to act as "External Transport Managers".
IBPTS will endeavour to find a suitable "External Transport Manager" for operators. It is the operator's responsibility to agree terms, conditions, fees and contract with prospective "External Transport Manager". If IBPTS are successful in finding an operator a suitable "External Transport Manager" a one off fee of £50 will be charged.
Duties and Responsibilities of the External Transport Manager
In compliance with regulation (EC) 1071/2009 an "Eternal Transport Manager" is required to have a proactive continuous effective responsibility role with the operator.
"External Transport Managers" are normally required to live within an hours drive of the operator's operating centre and be available 24/7.
• Ensure, Advised and Instruct the operator to be compliant to operating legislation.
• Ensure & oversee that an effective vehicle defect reporting system is in place.
• Vehicle maintenance planning.
• Ensure all vehicles are operated in a roadworthy condition.
• Ensure & oversee that correct vehicle maintenance procedures (PMI's and repairs) are in place.
• Monitor External Maintenance Contractors & visit workshops regularly.
• Ensure vehicles are presented for PMI's on the correct dates.
• Ensure vehicles are booked in & presented for MOT's on the correct dates.
• Monitor OCRS scores & encounter reports.
• Maintain & Audit maintenance records & ensure they are kept for 15 months.
• Ensure drivers conduct daily walk round checks efficiently.
• Liable for any shortcomings in maintenance & PG9's PG13's issued.
• Attend prearranged VOSA inspections at operating centres.
• Oversee vehicle scheduling.
• Responsible for effectively managing drivers.
• Ensure Drivers are schedule in compliance to EEC & Domestic driving rules.
• Ensure driver's cards & VU's are downloaded at the required intervals.
• Maintain and keep driving records for a period of 12 months.
• Regularly check drivers digital & analogue tachographs charts/printouts.
• Provide warnings of any driving Infringements to drivers.
• Check drivers vocational driving licences every 6 months.
• Ensure, Arrange & oversee "Driver CPC Training" program.
• Be approachable & available for drivers.
• Provide training to drivers.
• Driver CRB checks.
• Operator Licence variation applications.
The "External Transport Manger" is categorised as part-time employee regardless of being self-employed. The following obligatory weekly hours he/she are to required to work for an operator is determined by the number of vehicles permitted to operate on the operators licence as shown below:
• 2 or less vehicles = 8 hours
• 3 to 5 vehicles = 15 hours
• 5 to 10 vehicles = 20 hours
• 11 to 15 vehicles = 25 hours
• Over 15 vehicles = Be employed full time as an "Internal Transport Manager".
It is extremely important that the "Operator and External Transport Manager" have a good rapport to maintain compliance. Non-compliance will result in being in front of the "Traffic Commissioner" at. a "Public Inquiry". "External Transport Managers" can be called to "Transport Manager Public Inquiry" if they are not fulfilling their obligations to the operator(s) which can result in repute being lost for a prolong or indefinite period until competence has been restored and approved by the "Traffic Commissioner".
IBPTS provides direct "External Transport Management" for:
• Harlequin Travel Ipswich
• PPH (Coaches) Ltd Pinewood Studios Iver Heath
For further information Email or call us 01394 672344